Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Project Run and Play: Skirting the Issue


I am mildly obsessed with Project Run and Play. Talented designers, cute kids clothes, free tutorials....what's not to love?

The site has gotten even more interesting with a summer skirt drive. That's right. Skirting the Issue is a month long sew-a-long designed to outfit girls in foster care with fabulous handmade skirts. Any kind, any size, for any age. How cool is that?

As soon as I am done with Wedding Sewing (pictures to come soon once my new memory card reader gets here) then the girls and I are diving into this with both feet. Dresses may be dandy and shirts may be sweet but skirts are my favorite thing to sew ever and now I have an excuse to go crazy.

They will be posting tutorials and giveaways at the Project Run and Play blog all month so stop by and check it out. If you sew, consider taking half an hour to make something that will let a girl know she's special!


No comments: