Sunday, May 22, 2011

You Might Be A Terrorist If....

According to a Department of Homeland Security list, you might be a domestic terrorist if...
you exhibit the following:
* Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
* Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
* Survivalist literature (fictional books such as "Patriots" and "One Second After" are mentioned by name)
* Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
* Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
* Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
* Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
* Homeschooling
* Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
* Belief in a New World Order conspiracy

According to Those Who Know, "People engaged in the above activities or mind-set may be considered "extremists" or "militia groups" that exist in our communities and are "hiding in plain sight, ready to attack."

Quick, hide your Ron Paul bumper stickers and Left Behind series. Also please refrain from declaring your constitutional rights, religious views, distrust of government and for heaven's sake enroll your children in public school.

Nothing like a healthy dose of paranoia to wake you up in the morning.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

I'm a terrorist because I was homeschooled. Um, yippee...?

karen_m said...

We always knew you were dangerous, Nate

Nathan said...

Dangerous to the punks trying to take away my rights! Heck, yeah!

cameron said...

Thank you for this informational post. Before, I had assumed I wasn't a terrorist based on the fact that I didn't feel justified in using violence to advance my political goals. I also assumed that people who do so, such as ecoterrorists, were considered terrorists. Now I know better.

Ed of Chesapeake said...

Oh, my gosh. I fit EVERY profile except for home schooling. In fact, I have read both "One Second After" as well as "Patriots". I also subscribe to multiple websites that teach about preparedness and survival when TSHTF. I also have read "How to Survive TEOTWAWKI" by James Wesley Rawles and subscribe to his blog http://www.survivalblog.com/ - I guess I really better watch my 6!

Felicia Wilson said...

Yay I'm a terrorist!!! I always wanted to be a terrorist!!